Children’s Dentistry – St. Peter, MN
Small Smiles Deserve The Highest Quality of Care
At Valley View Dental, our team of passionate professionals enjoys taking care of small smiles just as much as they do fully developed ones! As a parent, when you schedule your checkup and cleaning with us, you can also do the same for your child. This way, you won’t have to worry about making multiple trips. Your children’s dentist in St. Peter, Dr. Jenny Miller, is fully equipped with the knowledge and technology to prevent common kid’s oral health problems like cavities, from ever developing in the first place. Invest in your little ones’ oral health by scheduling their routine appointments with Dr. Jenny Miller today!
How Old Should Your Child Be When You Schedule Their First Checkup?
It’s recommended by The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry that children visit their dentist by the time they turn one year old or within six months after their first tooth grows in. Introducing your child to good oral hygiene practices and ensuring that their teeth are growing properly is vital to their development. Dr. Miller can treat possible issues before they progress and impact their permanent teeth.
At their first appointment, your child will be able to learn how important caring for their pearly whites really is. Dr. Miller will show them how to take care of their smile by brushing and flossing every day and explain why taking care of their teeth is so important. This will help them associate a dentist’s office with a positive experience as well.
What Children’s Dentistry Services Do We Offer?
At Valley View Dental, we focus on providing all of our patients, large and small, with quality preventive care that keeps the small problems from turning into more serious ones down the road. In terms of children’s dentistry, we offer a variety of treatments to protect fragile smiles from issues like cavities. Some of these include:
- Dental sealants shield their developing teeth from dental decay and destructive sugar.
- Fluoride treatment promotes stronger, healthier teeth.
- Teeth grinding therapy is a customized oral appliance to support and protect your child’s teeth from nightly grinding.
- Sportsguards are custom-crafted protective gear to reduce dental emergencies for children who play sports.
How Can Your Child Care for Their Mouth At Home?
We always seek to prevent oral health problems from ever occurring, saving parents time, money, and hassle in the long run. Half the battle has to be taken on at home with a good oral hygiene routine. When you visit us for your child’s checkup and cleaning, we can make recommendations for oral hygiene products and tips such as:
- Try to set a good oral hygiene example by brushing and flossing your teeth with them every morning and evening.
- When your child gets a little older, try letting them pick out oral hygiene products that appeal to them (like a toothbrush with their favorite cartoon character on it).
- Once their first tooth appears, use a small rice-grain-sized amount of toothpaste. After they turn three, use a pea-sized amount.
There’s no how-to manual on taking care of your little ones’ growing teeth, which is why we’re more than happy to help by answering any questions or concerns you may have. We also have a children’s playroom so you won’t have to worry about entertaining them while they’re waiting for their appointment!